Thursday, September 1, 2011

Niagara Falls

There was nothing to keep me in Youngstown besides I feel the need to rescue my wife from Ohio. The good thing about Youngstown however was the proximity to Niagara Falls and Buffalo.

I just happened to rent a Cadillac this weekend, because of all the points I get from my travels, I try to see if I can use them on my weekends specially for road trips.. this weekend it was a DTS, V8 gas guzzler but a sweet ride. It was the complete opposite of the camaro's and the tahoe's that I had been renting, this one actually doesnt make you feel like you are going fast at all.. its like driving a sofa!

The ride to Buffalo was uneventful, though you are driving around the lake most of the time, you can barely see it except for at Erie. The only Marriott in Buffalo that I had booked with my points ended up having a renovation so we moved right across the street to candlewood suites.. nothing fancy about that place. But it worked.

We went that night to Hard Rock and then walked over to the park to see the night lights over the falls, quite a view but the lights from the Ontario side of all the restaurants and big hotels overshadows anything from the NY side. Its kind of a sad feeling of being away from the action!



Next day we did the Maid of the Mist, walked around goose island and got the most spectacular views of the falls.. it was worth the trouble of driving there.

Dinner at Erie, cute restaurant with California cuisine, a little too much oil/butter to my taste.. my food ended up looking like Chipotle ;-)

Next day we headed over back to Pittsburgh to complete my visit with the duquesne incline from Station Square. For 2 bucks you can go up in the cable car and see a beautiful night view of the pitt skyline..

We also enjoyed staying in a jacuzzi suite at the local holiday inn express and eating some PF changs.. a true suburban experience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment