Sunday, June 26, 2011

Flying to Denver

Most of yesterday was taken in preparing for my Colorado trip, its the first time that I am going to be in Colorado and I am excited to be here!

My travel partner on the plane was a lady from Minneapolis who lived/loved to hike!

She shows me all the different places she has hiked all over the country. She told me about hiking through Grand Canyons which I really want to do, difference between the southern rim and the northern rim. She also talked about hiking in Maine and in Yosemite. Another place that I want to go is Glacier national park in Montana and Denali in Alaska. There is so much to see in the country!

Got into Denver at 7 pm, dropped my bags off and went straight to Green Valley Ranch Park with a lake, watched the sunset over the mountains and walked around the lake. Then went to have dinner at Solera in Park Hill area or uptown Denver, beautiful outdoor patio with Spanish wine and paella.

Drove this morning to Boulder. Spent the day walking around on Pearl Street,



went to a Tibetan/Mediterranean/East European inspired tea house -  Dushanbe for Brunch, had some chai and masala dosa which was more like a veggie curry crepe but really tasty!



 then to an oxygen and herban tonic lounge, another very unique place with ingredients I had never heard of specially the JUN elixer!

Then we spent some time at the boulder bookstore, charming house with lots of books and sat outside at a frozen yogurt place Maiberry. Its 95 degrees here so my idea to go hiking was scrapped. Am thinking of driving to Nederland just for a nice drive.

Its really laidback though so its nice to just walk around.


No comments:

Post a Comment