Tuesday, June 28, 2011

oh Allegra!

Trip to Nederland was beautiful, with a little hike to Boulder Falls and then a walk near the dam. The town itself was a small ski town with a bar and pizza place. Got some great pictures with the waterfall and the dam. The stream was so powerful flowing down the mountain it reminded me of rafting in the smokies and the level 5 rapids.



We walked around the park and the stream in Boulder near the beautiful public library that ran over the creek. Dinner was back on pearl street, street Chinese food with dim sum and bowl of veggie noddles with siracha.

The night was probably the worst I have in a few months with all these allergies and I forgot my claritin back in Minneapolis. Could not sleep all night and had to inhale steam at 3 am just to be able to breathe.

Didnt start the next day till 11 am. Decided to cut down on the hike (both allergies and altitude) and do a drive through the Rocky Mountain Park, to Estes Park and then the Trail Ridge Road. Lots of snow still on the ground, the drive was beautiful.

Unscripted question: Why are there so many nepalese restaurants in Boulder and Estes Park?
Answer from my Nepalese Server: We have been here for generations, my brother worked her and then he placed me and I am placing a bunch of my relatives. Infact the restaurant you are eating at right now (a burger joint!) is owned by a Nepalese, they own a bunch of other establishments here.

Who knew!

We finally reached Vail at 9 pm last night. Charming hotel, Arrabelle that reminds me of Innsbruck and the square is really nice to walk around. There is a ski life here, which may be a great gondola ride tomorrow.




Dinner at the Tavern, very relaxed atmosphere. The rooms are absolutely beautiful, probably the best I have stayed at in a long time.

The next four days are going to be very relaxed. I can feel it... 

No comments:

Post a Comment