Thursday, June 23, 2011

On my toes

As a consultant I have to constantly stay on my toes, I can lose my job any day of the month for any reason...

Today started with me running to get some milk and juice before the free hotel breakfast ends at 9 am... was up last night playing words with friends, i am so addicted to that game!

Last night I got an email that my boss wasn't 'connecting' with me, wasn't sure what I was working on, for other jobs that would probably mean that I was going to be let go from my contract.. so this morning, I started sending out some remaining work that I have on my task list, in case in our meeting today I was told I was being let go.

Talk about staying on my toes, I am constantly talking to people about new engagements. I chatted with a few people this morning, getting the ground ready for the next assignment.

The meeting however went really well, looks like I still have a job. This is probably the best boss I have ever had, its all about getting the work done, doesn't matter when and from where!

Went for a movie today too, there isn't much to do in Minneapolis besides watch movies.. specially with summer here, a lot of blockbusters out there. Today I watched Green Lantern, such a lame plot with all the worst super hero cheesy scenes in one movie, I don't know how its doing so well at the box office.

Made some veggie burgers at home, with this really cool masala dip from Trader Joes and watched Glee, another show that I am totally in love with. They performed Ke$sha and the 'blame it on the alcohol' song, was really awesome!




Didnt get a chance to ask an unscripted question to ask today, however I did come across an interesting article about the happiest countries, all the scandinavian countries always take this prize.. sometimes I wonder if it would be fun to move there, then I think of their winters and quickly change my mind!

United States is at no 7, so we may be doing something right!

Also, I discovered a website called Turntable today and its absolutely brilliant, its where you can become your own DJ and join a room with similar interest and play your music and have others rate it.. such a great idea!

Been listening to the Bollywood room all evening and not a single boring song!

No comments:

Post a Comment