Monday, July 18, 2011

Oh Busy Day!

Its been so long when I have done a 20 hour day.. I have truly enjoyed it!

After lunch at Kincaids in Bloomington yesterday, we visited the wonderful Japanese garden in Bloomington Community College. It was small but very cute with little red bridges and some japanese house structures. Who knew that something like that can exist, that to on a community college campus.. i wish I had something like that at Tech.

"Normandale Community College's Japanese Garden is a two-acre oasis on its campus in Bloomington, Minnesota. The beauty and serenity of the garden make it ideal for contemplation and renewal of the spirit."





Drove to Brainerd last night.. dinner at Star of India.. its like my dhaba stop on the way to brainerd with some chole bhature and sweet lassi.. love going there, because they recognize me now, the owners come and chat with me.. we talked a little about the bomb blasts, its a warm atmosphere.

Today started at 5 am wake up call and then met my Fargo Periop people who I was taking on a learning trip to my previous clients in Brainerd. Entertained them till 2 pm and then hung out solving Brainerd issues till 4. Drove to Fargo after that ... dinner at Hodo, the yummy customize 5 course small portions meal..

Staying at a new hotel in downtown, right above the Hodo, Hotel Davidson. Its a unique concept with every room being designed by a local artist, my current room has some african inspired paintings, by Susan Haas-Morrissey,



"I have been working as an artist and exhibiting my work for over 25 years. I would call the resultant body of work a visual journal. While it is a large and a physically cumbersome accumulation, I nonetheless consider it a journal. It recalls who and where I was at age twenty, catalogues the whims and dreams of my youth, reveals how I thought as a young mother, and portrays what it was like to live and teach in both a large urban area and in a small town. It also recalls political issues that touched my life as well as lost family and friends."


In addition to a world class restaurant and artistic hotel rooms, the hotel also offers a roof top jacuzi and a great fitness room with steam showers and WII. 


I just got done playing tennis on the WII followed by a steam shower.. its now time to sleep... ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment